Chevrolet has introduced a reinvigorated and restyled 2019 Camaro lineup with distinctive designs, new available technologies, and the first-ever Turbo 1LE. The Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission and a tailored chassis package derived from the V6 1LE to offer track-capable performance.
- Camaro SS now offered with 10L80 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission featuring custom launch control and line lock;
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 systems, including available navigation;
- New available Rear Camera Mirror; and
- New available Forward Collision Alert.
The 2019 Camaro's updated designs are not only striking but also help to improve performance. For instance, the grille details and hood and fascia vents were designed for optimized air flow, either to cool components or help minimize drag or lift. Camaro designers follow the mantra that all elements must not only be beautiful but also enhance performance.
The 2019 Camaro RS gets new front-end styling -- including the fascia, grille, LED dual-element headlamps, and reshaped hood -- that distinguishes it from the LS/LT and SS.
Lineup design highlights include:
- New front-end styling with distinct differences between LS/LT, RS, and SS, including the fascia, grille, LED dual-element headlamps, and reshaped hood (top-of-the-line ZL1 retains its airflow-optimized front-end styling);
- SS-specific front fascia with "flowtie" open bowtie grille emblem and aero-enhancing air curtains, specific headlamps with new LED signature, and extractor-style hood;
- RS Appearance Package available on the LT, which adds a unique polished black grille with Galvano Chrome lower inserts, new LED headlamps with LED signature light bar, specific rear fascia with rear diffuser, and 20-in. wheels;
- New rear fascias for all models, with specific diffusers on RS and SS when equipped with Dual Mode Exhaust;
- New LED tail lamps with a more sculptured evolution of Chevrolet's signature dual-element design; red lenses are featured on LS and LT, while the RS, SS, and ZL1 feature dark-tinted neutral-density lenses; and
- New 20-in. wheel designs on RS and SS.
The 2019 Camaro SS is now offered with a 10L80 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission.
More about the Turbo 1LE
The new Camaro Turbo 1LE joins the V6 1LE, SS 1LE, and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro's lineup of 1LE "track stars." Leveraging the impressive performance and ideal weight distribution enabled by Camaro's 2.0L turbocharged engine, the Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission and a tailored chassis package derived from the V6 1LE to offer track-capable performance.
- FE3 suspension with larger-diameter front and rear stabilizer bars, specifically tuned dampers, stiffer rear cradle bushings, and cross-axis ball joints in the rear tow links that enhance lateral stiffness;
- Split front/rear summer-only tire sizes: P245/40R20 (front) and P275/35R20 (rear);
- 2.0L turbo engine with 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm);
- Brembo brake package with low-metallic performance pads;
- Nearly 50/50 weight balance;
- Driver Mode Selector with Sport Mode and new Track Mode; Competition Mode (within Sport and Track Modes) includes performance instrument readouts, launch control, shift lights, and more; and
- Standard sueded flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob, plus available Recaro seats.
New Camaro tech
The 2019 Camaro offers Chevrolet's next-generation Infotainment 3 with all-new systems that provide a more personalized experience and a more intuitive interface.
They're the most advanced infotainment systems ever from Chevrolet, with functionality that mimics the latest smartphones and tablets, and cloud connection designed to enhance personalization, available navigation, voice recognition, apps, and more. They even allow vehicle software updates to be automatically uploaded over the air.
The standard system features a 7-in.-diagonal color touchscreen. An 8-in.-diagonal touchscreen running Infotainment 3 is available, including one with navigation.
2019 Camaro line features new front-end styling with distinct differences between LS/LT, RS (left), and SS (right), including the fascia, grille, and LED lights.
Additional new technology features and enhancements include:
- A standard Rear Camera Mirror on 2SS and ZL1 models that offers a wider, less-obstructed field of view using a camera display that eliminates potential obstructions such as rear body pillars or seat headrests; a conventional rearview mirror view is also available;
- Improved standard rear-vision camera system with a new, digital high-definition camera that offers improved view quality;
- Forward Collision Alert joins Camaro's roster of available active safety features; and
- Enhanced Performance Data Recorder system.
Learn more about the new lineup from Chevrolet here. 2019 model prices not yet available. 2018 starting prices ranged from $26,900 (1LS) to $62,465 (ZL1).
Published May 2018
Rate this article